Enjoying these treasured incenses in your home is an easy and relaxing way to relieve stress and clear the mind. All you will need are a few simple supplies and a few minutes out of your day to unwind.
What you’ll need:
- Small ceramic bowl or ramekin
- Ash or sand
- Japanese charcoal or self igniting charcoal
- Small tongs
- Candle or lighter
How to proceed:
- Fill the ceramic bowl about three-fourths full with ash or sand
- Using tongs to hold the charcoal, light the charcoal with a candle or lighter until the charcoal has ignited
- Place the charcoal on the bed of ash or sand inside the bowl
- Wait for the charcoal to become evenly lit
- Place a small piece of resin incense on the charcoal
- Replace incense as needed
CAUTION: Charcoal will be extremely hot. Tongs should always be used when handling the hot charcoal. Bowl should be kept away from linens, clothing and other flammable material at all times. Please take extra precaution when children are present.